INDUSLAW's Anti-Bribery & Anti-Corruption practice advises Indian and multi-national corporations on compliance and investigations in the context of Indian and global anti-corruption laws.
Our clients include boards, employers, employees, officers, directors, domestic and multi-national corporations.
In particular, our team has experience:
- Advising on anti-corruption legislation, including the (Indian) Prevention of Corruption Act, 1988, the US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) and the UK Bribery Act, 2010
- Conducting internal investigations in relation to potential violations of applicable law and internal policies involving employees, vendors and business partners
- Acting in the prosecution and defence of claims involving anti-bribery matters and matters relating to fraud and misappropriation
- Designing and implementingpreventative measures and compliance matrix programs and policies
- Carrying out due diligence with regard to risks involved in commercial transactions
- Advising on investigations and enforcement actions conducted by law enforcement agencies
- Defending individuals and corporations against enforcement actions in relation to alleged breaches of applicable law
- Negotiating complex settlements in compliance with applicable law
Our lawyers have worked on investigatory and compliance matters for clients across a variety of sectors, including financial services, information technology, private equity, health care, life sciences, manufacturing, energy and transportation.